This is our review of the best Whole house Humidifiers of [year].
These devices can be connected to your HVAC system to deliver humidified indoor air throughout your entire home.
They come in a variety of sizes to cover the different square footage.
In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the best whole house humidifier and their pros and cons to help you decide which is the best for you.
Let’s cut to the chase.
“It can help you stay healthy and comfortable during the dry winter months, especially when used with a smart home thermostat.”
What is a whole house humidifier?
Whole-house humidifier can be either under-the-sink or direct-plumbed.
Under-the-sink models are the most affordable option, and they fill up quickly during showers, while direct-plumbed units come with an outlet that connects directly to the sink faucet.
Whichever type you choose, be sure to get powerful enough to add moisture to the air.
Our best whole house humidifier
Short on time? Here’s a summary of our top picks for [year] best whole-house console-style evaporative humidifier companies
- Honeywell Home HE280A (best whole house humidifier for furnace)
- Aircare space-saver evaporative (best large whole house humidifier)
- Aprilaire 800 (best whole house steam humidifier)
- Aircare valiant digital (best portable humidifier)
- Lacidoll (Best top fill humidifier)
5 best whole house humidifier reviews – Full Analysis (Update [year])
Our team spent 20+ hours doing independent research to find the best whole house humidifier companies based on customer satisfaction, ratings, and more.
01) Honeywell home HE280A
- Tank Capacity ➔ perfect flo water distribution
- Room Size➔ 2,000-4,000 square feet
- Type➔ Fan power furnace
- Dimensions (LxWxH)➔ 19.75 x 18.5 x 14 inches
The Honeywell Home HE280A is our top pick for the best whole house humidifier for furnace use.
This humidifier is designed to work with your existing HVAC system to help maintain a comfortable level of humidity in your home, and it features an automatic shut-off function to help conserve energy.
Water-saving technology is a great way to save money on your water bill. This technology uses 30% less water than standard models, making it a great choice for those who are looking to save money.
Additionally, the easy mounting on either warm air supply or return air duct of any forced-air furnace makes this an easy choice for those looking for new water-saving technology.
- excellent way to improve the air quality in your home.
- It is very quiet and efficient, and it does a great job of humidifying the air.
- The unit is very easy to install and maintain.
- The price is very reasonable.
- Replacement part expensive
Who’s It Best For?
It’s a great way to improve the air quality in your home and prevent problems like dry skin, static electricity, and cracked furniture.
It is equipped with a digital display and an automatic shut-off feature, making it easy to operate.
Still Curious? Read More About Honeywell Humidifier Reviews.
02) Aircare Space-Saver evaporative humidifier
- Run Time ➔ 70 hours
- Tank Capacity ➔ 6 gallon of water
- Room Size➔ 2,700 sq. ft.
- Type➔ Evaporative portable
- Dimensions (LxWxH)➔ 22.5 x 12.5 x 17.5 inches
The AIRCARE Space-Saver is one of the quietest whole house humidifiers on the market.
It’s designed to save space and is very effective at humidifying your home. The unit is very easy to set up and use, and it comes with remote control for convenience.
The large water tank can run for up to 24 hours on a single fill. It is also very easy to clean and maintain.
The unit automatically shuts off when the desired humidity level is reached or when the unit is empty. It features Trapmax filter technology with protection and checks filter and water refill indicators.
Overall, the unit is a great buy for the price and can be a helpful addition to your household.
- Space saver And Easy to move
- No installation Require
- Water tanks were small and needed to be refilled frequently.
- No Remote
- fan sound is quite loud on the medium and high settings
Who’s It Best For?
The Aircare Space-Saver evaporative humidifier is one of the Best large home humidifiers on the market.
This uses evaporative technology to cool and moisten the air, making it a great choice for people who are looking for an affordable and effective way to reduce humidity levels in their homes.
Still Curious? Read More About Aircare Humidifier Reviews.
03) Aprilaire 800 whole house steam humidifier
- Run Time ➔ Optimum humidity 24/7
- Tank Capacity ➔ 11.5-34.6 gallons/day
- Room Size➔ 6,200 square feet
- Type➔ Automatic Steam
- Dimensions (LxWxH)➔ 7.13 x 10.13 x 20.88 inches
The Aprilaire 800 is able to humidify an entire home up to 6,200 square feet and can be used with any forced-air heating and cooling system.
A built-in bypass damper and automatic humidity control that maintains a comfortable humidity level throughout the home.
We like that you don’t need to use purified water with this filter. This whole house will work with any kind of heating system, including forced air and steam, geothermal, solar, and radiant heat systems (heat your home).
- easy to install and maintain
- automatic humidity control
- Six levels of output
- High Energy consumption
Who’s It Best For?
This unit is easy to install and maintain, and its automatic humidity control feature ensures that your home remains comfortable and free of excessive moisture.
Still Curious? Read More About Aprilaire Humidifier Reviews.
04) Aircare digital whole-house pedestal-style evaporative humidifier
- Run Time ➔ 55 hours
- Tank Capacity ➔ 5 gallons
- Room Size➔ 4,000 sq. ft.
- Type➔ Console-Style Evaporative
- Dimensions (LxWxH)➔ 13.75 x 24 x 22.75 inches
The Aircare Digital is easy to use and built-in digital display that makes it simple to set the humidity level.
The Valiant also features a water tank that can be refilled easily, so you won’t have to worry about running out of water level during humidification sessions.
The nine fan speeds and customizable humidity settings make this Console Humidifier perfect for a whole house up to 4,000 square feet.
The new digital humidistat displays the actual humidity level, the desired humidity level, or fan speed, and it automatically maintains the desired humidity level.
With a capacity of 5 gallons and a maximum run time of 55 hours, this humidifier is sure to meet your needs.
- Digital Control
- auto shut off.
- You might not like the artificial finish
- pretty heavy
Who’s It Best For?
The Aircare Valiant digital is a great way to improve the air quality in your home. It is easy to use and maintain, and it is very effective at humidifying your home.
Still Curious? Read More About Aircare Humidifier Reviews.
05) Lacidoll Whole-House Style
- Run Time ➔ 10 hours working time
- Tank Capacity ➔ 2000mL/h maximum mist output.
- Room Size➔ up to 2000 sq. ft.
- Type➔ Cool Mist
- Dimensions (LxWxH)➔ 10.63 x 10.63 x 24.8 inches
The Lacidoll Whole-House is a top fill humidifier with quick control and a 1-12 hours timer. It also has a built-in stainless steel atomizer.
The intelligent constant humidity function keeps the relative humidity at a set level, making it ideal for people with allergies or respiratory problems.
The 21L/5.5Gal large capacity means that you won’t have to refill the unit as often, and the 2000mL/h high moisture output means that the unit can keep your home comfortable even in very dry air conditions.
- auto-adjust Humidity level
- Top-fill Design
- buzzing operating noise
Who’s It Best For?
It is easy to install and use, and it is very effective at humidifying your home. It is also very affordable, making it a great value for your money.
how does a whole house humidifier work
Whole-house use Sub-Zero evaporative systems to absorb humidity into the air inside your home.
They make up for an efficient way of absorbing moisture.
These units come in three humidifier type: Damp Plots, Round Domes, and Rectangular Domes.
It is important to determine which one will be best suited for you based on personal preferences.
Different types of whole house
There are a total of 3 types of whole house humidifier. A brief description and advantages of each are mentioned below.
Your furnace’s return air is connected to the bypass humidifier. In order to produce warm air, it relies on the blower motor of the furnace.
The warm air is then pushed through the water panel and absorbs moisture from it.
Water waste is a disadvantage of bypass unit since they are ultra-quiet, efficient, and highly effective.
Before the air reaches your living space, it travels through your central heating and cooling system and loses some humidity.
Additionally, the vapor pad on the unit is drained of water.
Central facility steam is used to boil potable, reverse osmosis, or deionized water in steam unit.
The resulting steam is chemically and hygienically pure and free of toxins. As a result, anything connected to the steam receives consistent relative humidity control.
The purpose of steam unit to produces pure, hygienic, and toxins-free atmospheric steam as a result.
In this way, the relative humidity level of any connected area can be controlled consistently.
Many hospitals and medical facilities have incorporated steam humidifiers into their overall engineering design.
For example, a hospital may install a central steam boiler on the first floor to supply humidification for the entire facility.
whole house fan powered humidifier
Humidifying the air is only necessary during the heating season and has many benefits.
In addition to health benefits, energy savings and furnishings preservation are some of the benefits.
A whole house fan powered can be a cost-effective and energy-efficient way to humidify a home.
Benefits and Drawback
The potential benefits of whole house unit.
- Quiet and Invisible:-A whole house is quiet in operation and produces no visible steam or mist. This allows it to be placed anywhere, including in your bedroom!
- Optimal Moisture Levels:- In order to avoid dry skin and chapped lips, you should pay attention to how much moisture your skin is getting.
- No Need For Refills:- Since the humidifier is directly connected to your plumbing; it will not need to be refilled with water – the humidity levels are automatically adjusted as needed.
- Automatic Humidity Control:- When your home is in a more humid climate, the air conditioner turns on automatically to help keep your home at the right humidity level.
- Low Maintenance:- A ducted humidifier requires little Maintenance, apart from changing the evaporator panel filter every year (if you have an inline humidifier).
- Health Benefits:- A Properly Humidified air in your home is a healthy one. A unit is an excellent way to have proper humidity levels in your home.
Have you ever gone to a doctor complaining of dry eyes?
Mold and Mildew:- If you don’t perform regular maintenance on your whole-house unit, the humidity in your HVAC system or the humidifier itself may develop mold.
Expensive:- Purchase and installation of a whole house humidifier typically cost $400 to $1200, based on quality and type. Most can be installed in 2-3 hours if you have DIY skills.
A portable whole-home humidifier is generally less expensive than a furnace-based model because you don’t have to attach it to the furnace. It is easy to assemble, fill with water, and plug in.
How to clean Whole house humidifier
It is important to clean on a regular basis to keep it running smoothly.
- Remove the filter and empty the water tank.
- Wash the exterior of the humidifier with a hose.
- Rinse the filter and replace it if necessary.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water and replace the cap.
- Plug in the humidifier and turn it on to medium or high humidity.
Still Curious? Read More About How to clean a humidifier?
There are several factors you should consider to get the most from your investment.
- Ask yourself how large of an area do you want your humidifier to cover? You should also check to see if the humidifier has removable filters that can be washed.
- Make sure the fan kicks on automatically when it detects a change in relative humidity (check manual for more information).
- you’ll need to decide on the size of your home. Some are designed to cover an entire room or even a whole house, while others are designed for just one or two rooms.
- you’ll need to decide on the type of humidifier you want.
- Whole-house humidifiers range in price from around $400 to $1200.
Curious about your whole house humidity? Here are some frequent questions and their answers!
How effective are whole house humidifiers?
It useful for treating dry skin, nose, throat, and lips. Flu or common cold symptoms can also be eased by them. Overuse, on the other hand, can exacerbate respiratory problems. Using them correctly is important.
Where should a whole house humidifier be placed?
Place your whole house humidifier in the living area to distribute the most humidity throughout your home.
Placing it near a cold air return will help distribute the Humidify air more thoroughly.
Do whole house humidifiers cause mold?
It is possible for the devices to cause mold, but the problem can usually be avoided. When humidity is high, mold usually grows.
The EPA recommends that homes should ideally be between 30 and 50 percent humidity, which is the range most of these devices cover.
Mold shouldn’t normally grow within these parameters unless there’s stagnant water or a dirty tank.
Are whole house humidifiers safe?
Yes, it’s safe to use when installed and maintained properly, although mold can occasionally develop if the unit is not taken care of.
Considering the buying guide above, it’s no secret that honeywell is the best whole house humidifier for furnaces in [year].
I’ve hand-picked it because, its sleek design, top performance, and overall convenience.
If you have any questions about best whole house humidifier? Please comment below.
I will answer you as soon as possible. Thanks